Scarborough Sea Life Sanctuary Opening its Doors to Romance
Those in love, or looking for love, are being invited to fan the flames of love with a stroll on the sea-bed this Valentine’s Weekend.
Scarborough Sea Life Sanctuary is opening its doors to romance, and promising a fascinating insight into the love lives of sea creatures.
Organisers believe the passionate tail-twining of seahorses and the amorous love-biting of the male shark could help bring couples closer together.
Operations Manager Jana Sirova said:
“Sea creatures have an amazing variety of mating rituals, some of them incredibly touching,
“An edible crab, for example, will gently cradle his mate beneath him and carry her round for maybe three days before they get it together,” she added.
“His reward is a coupling that lasts anything between five and 11 hours.
“The reason for this strange rite is that females need to moult their hard shell before mating and the male is protecting her while she is most vulnerable.”
Some of these fishy flirtations are decidedly saucy and hence the Sea Life Valentine’s Day deal is for Over 18s only.
Exclusive tickets include:
- Canapés and Rose Prosecco
- A special VIP tour of Scarborough SEA LIFE Sanctuary with one of the SEA LIFE love doctors, to teach you all about the saucy things our underwater friends get up to once the sun goes down.
- A SEA LIFE photograph of you and your Valentine
- Valentines adult quiz trial with special prizes for the winners
- Exclusive after hours entrance to Scarborough SEA LIFE Sanctuary
Tickets are only available online and there are limited quantity available. Anyone wanting to book should visit www.sealife.co.uk/Scarborough
Scarborough Sea Life Sanctuary Opening its Doors to Romance Reviewed by Editor on 19:59:00 Rating: